I haven't done anything creative in a while, so I did a few alterations/repairs and organizing last night. I have a pile of items that have collected dust over the past few months, so I started with this chiffon top (which I have never worn because I didn't like how the sleeve looked).
Instead of having the sleeve so wide on the shoulder I decided to gather it.
All you need is a spool of thread & a needle.
Start at one end by weaving the needle through the garment to create gathers. Pull the thread until it gathers as much as you would like and tie it off.
I also spent some time organizing my Sewing Room. My excuse has been that I need to work in an organized room so I thought I'd spend some time utilizing some of the fun things I found at Ikea recently. As you can see, I quite enjoy having things organized into little boxes and containers. I wish Professional Organizer was a legit career path for me!
| I bought this magnetic bar at Ikea which was originally meant to hold kitchen knives, but it's perfect for my drafting tools! I also bought 2 hanging tins for all my drafting and sketching markers. |
![]() |
| Another thing I love is displaying like colours. I picked out all of my white buttons and blue thread and threw them in some containers I had. It's easy art! And what better way to decorate a sewing room than with items you already have sitting around anyway. |
![]() |
| In my dreams... | ![]() ![]() |










